Stay Beeautiful

Selections from my A-Level works, Foundation Diploma and on-going projects throughout my first year at Kingston mixed with some more personal pieces...enjoy

10/02/2011

Liar Liar



Crappy mobile photos. We were given the theme 'LIES' to work with and i chose to work on one of Aesop's fables - The Boy Who Cried wolf. After a number of re-designs and development i came up with this idea. I wanted to make sure everything about the design was relevant to the story. So i made the tear drop shape out of a wolf and sheep head (hopefully you can work it out), attached to an already-fallen tear drop to give the image more depth. The story was taken place on a hill, at sunset. So i used contour lines and a isle-like pattern to my print, experimenting with various colours seen at sunset. These are double layered lino prints - which was an absolute bitch chiselling out and sliced my fingers 3 times in the process, but it was worth it. I still have a lot more printing i'd like to do until i get it how i want it as i don't believe its quite there yet. But for a start, i'm pleased with the results, and learnt a new process on the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment