Stay Beeautiful

Selections from my A-Level works, Foundation Diploma and on-going projects throughout my first year at Kingston mixed with some more personal pieces...enjoy

18/07/2011

Rugby Pub Crawl


SO after a lot of procrastination i have finally started my Summer Live project for Berlitz. We have to come up of a way of creating a hybrid of language and travel based on a place of choice, to make the perfect travellers guide. I have chosen my lovely home town of (D)Rugby. To begin with i felt so uninspired as i don't feel like anyone would want to come here on there travels but i went on a gander with my mum today and we noticed just how many pubs there are in Rugby. My mum says that a long time ago we were known to be the town with the most pubs per square metre or something ridiculous like that. So i thought, what better thing to do than design a travellers pub crawl around Rugby! I'm going to map out the pubs, go to each one and listen to the local language, observe the local punters, and then put together a sort of walk for a traveller to enjoy. From pub to pub i will pick out local beauty from the old buildings to the smiles from the market for a traveller to absorb and HOPEFULLY create something innovative and inspiring. Heres my first illy of the good ol' Prince of Wales. Yummy...

No comments:

Post a Comment